Workshop Supply List
We have tried to limit the amount of supplies you will need to bring with you. The Arezzo Flea Market and our field trip to Florence should help in your quest for assemblage bits and pieces.
What WE will provide:
- Wood substrate (for your icon)
- Frame structure (for your assemblage surrounding)
- Gold Leaf
- Venetian Red Gesso
- Golden brand paints (all of our favorites, plus some renaissance colors)
- Assorted nuts, bolts, screws etc.
- Small assortment of ephemera/collage material
**as a general guideline for you, the very rough dimensions for the frame are 12” wide X 20” tall. Final dimensions will depend on what you assemblage onto the frame. Make sure you bring a larger suitcase and leave extra room for your art to come home with home.
What YOU will need to bring:
- Photocopies of faces, (about 6” inches from top of head to chin) - you should be able to fit two faces sideways on a standard size of paper. Bring a few to chose from and have them photocopied onto glossy paper if possible…ask for glossy brochure paper. I suggest bringing duplicates of your favorite face so you feel free to experiment) ***NO inkjet prints please. I’ll be sending you some links to some of my favorite online resources to find faces if you’re stuck.
- Imagery to collage with…anything you want to add to your icon, symbols, flowers, text, wings, flourishes, patterns, etc....don’t bring everything you own, these should all be able to fit into a single file folder.
- Paintbrushes - bring just a few in different sizes and a couple of good quality detail brushes.
- Golden Matte Medium – about 12 oz.
- E6000 adhesive
- Aves Epoxy Clay, we recommend you order this early from https://www.avesstudio.com/apoxie/apoxie-clay, the 1 pound size should be plenty (if you think you’ll be doing a lot of sculpting you might want to bring 3 pounds).
- We will be going shopping in Italy, but if you have some favorite found object-y things, then feel to bring along a small box (no larger than a cigar box) of some your goodies: chains, old jewelry pieces, fabric just about anything that you would like to add to your icon.