Let's take a trip with Alice down the rabbit hole and discover a world where logic and reason have been turned upside down and, contrary wise, downside up. This workshop will explore the unusual cast of characters that inhabit Wonderland as we create them as well as the world in which they dwell.
This workshop will be divided into two parts.
Part One: The Wonderlanders - The first portion of this online class focuses on creating a variety of the characters from Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. We will be using a combination of everyday found objects, clay, wood and paint to reinvent these Wonderlanders.
Part Two: The Rabbit Hole Theatre - In the second half of the class we will create a stage for our puppet thespians to enact the various scenes from the books. The stage will consist of a block or wood or shallow box. We will construct trees to frame our stage as well as layered cut-out back drops to create a tunnelled effect. Of course, we will also be transforming these backdrops and with yummy alternate-worldly effects using paint a variety of painting techniques.
Other Questions You Might Have:
- How much does it cost? $165.00 (early bird discount $150 if purchased before August 15th 2017).
- How long can I access the videos? Forever and ever. You will have to ability to download the videos right to your computer.
- How does it differ from a live class? There isn't the one-on-one component and the possibility for immediate feedback that you have in a live class, but you have the advantage of being able to get into much more in-depth explanations of technique. Also, the advantage of being to replay any section that you need a refresher on.
- Will there be video? Yes. There will be roughly about 240 minutes of protected video that only students will be able to access.
- How many videos will there be? I'm expecting there to be about about 20 chapters with 2 - 3 videos each chapter.
- Is the class segmented or do I get everything at once? I have designed the class so you will have access the information at once and can play with it as you like, at your own speed. Q and A videos will be added each week for the the first 6 weeks.
- Is there anyway to connect and share with other students enrolled? Yes. A Facebook Group will be set up specifically for this workshop. Students will be able to share experiments, projects and ask questions for the Q and A videos.
- What kind of site is being used to host this class? I am using a protected website as well as a protected video host.
- How will I access the website? When class begins I will send out passwords to all the students.
- Is this for Beginners or Advanced students? It's for everyone. I've made it so it is information that can be used by all levels.
- Will it be entertaining? Geez, I hope so. I have done my best to make it very un-dry and fun.
- What will happen after I sign up? out the secret codes and links to get you rolling.
- What will I need to be able to watch the videos? If you can read this the information on this website and have the ability to watch videos on vimeo.com then you've got everything you need to be able to watch the videos.