Skullduggery Online Workshop coming this Fall
Class Starts 9/9/16 $99.99
Just in time for Halloween, Dia de los Muertos!
Every year I visit Mexico during Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). Not only is this a marvelous event where relatives celebrate the memories of the deceased, but it is also a chance for the living to mock the reaper. It’s a way for the living to say: “Neener, neener you haven’t got me yet”. One of the ways that Mexicans do this is with little skeletal toys known as “calacas”. Usually they are playful scenes where the skeletons are in the engaged in everyday activities, riding bicycles, walking dogs, dancing with devils (okay, so this one is perhaps not an everyday activity). The idea is to have a little fun with one's mortality. Well, that is what we’ll be doing in class. Using doll parts, action figures, and other found objects student will create little skeletons that will tickle your funny bone.
Here's what we are going to be making:
Class is $99.99
Registration starts July 1st 2016
On July 1 I'll have payment links (PayPal or Stripe depending on your preference) on this page.
Class starts Sept. 9th 2016
If you join the fun on September 9 you'll receive codes and links to access the class.
Here's What To Expect:
1.Intro to Dia de los Muertos
2. Junking for Skullies
3. Tool Talk
4. Crackin' and Crusty Skully Textures
5. Dapper Cadaver Fancy texture
6. The Clay Calavera
7. Busty Dead Dudes
8. Colores de los Muertos
9. Boney Glow
10. Dem Bones
11. Day of the Dead Squiggly Doos
12. Calacas - Traditional Day of the Dead Toys
13. Newly Deads and Just Burieds
14. Curse of the Calavera
15. Tintype Masquerade
16. Dia de los Muertos Cinema with Bruno
Questions You Might Have:
- How much does it cost? $99.99
- When can I register? July 1st 2016
- When does it begins? September 9, 2016
- How long can I access the videos? Forever and ever. You will have to ability to download the videos right to your computer.
- How does it differ from live class? Online classes allow for a bit more in depth explanations of techniques etc.
- Will there be video? A: Yes. I have about 150 of minutes of protected video that only students will be able to access.
- Will it be live? For the most part, no. However I am considering do a FaceBook Live Feed at some point in the process. There will be setting up a special FaceBook group where I will be available to discuss your questions. Each week I will record a video responding to all the questions posted in the group.
- Can you tell me more about the FaceBook Group? Students can access this anytime and discuss ideas with other students. They can also post art they might be working on that relates to class topic.
- Is the class segmented or do I get everything at once? I have designed the class so you will have access the information at once and can play with it as you like, at your own speed. New weekly videos will pop up with additional project, tidbits and tips.
- What kind of site is being used to host this class? I'm using a protected website.
- How will I access the website? When class begins I will send out passwords to all the students.
- What else will be on the site? Along with the workshop videos I will also do weekly video addressing these questions.
- Is this for Beginners or Advanced students? It's for everyone. I've made it so it is information that can be used by all levels.
- Will it be entertaining? Geez, I hope so. I will try and make it very un-dry and fun.
- How willyou accept payment? Stripe as well as PayPal. If you prefer or even a check..don't worry...we can work something out. Just send me and email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- What will happen after I sign up? I'll send you a confirmation to say "howdy" and invite you to the FaceBook group. Then on Sept. 9th 2016, I will send out the secret codes, etc.
- How do I sign up? A: After July 1st go to http://www.michaeldemeng.com/skully/